1. Seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was freezing. Like painfully cold but it was so much fun and I would definitely do it again...next year. We got there a little before 7am and ended up lucking out because we were basically right at the front of the fence.
2. While we were in NYC we also saw STOMP which was a lot of fun. We got discounted tickets through the TKTS booth and honestly just picked our cheapest option for the night. It was an entertaining and interactive show so we were happy with our choice!
3. I love NYC all of the time, but I especially love it at this time of year with all the Christmas decorations, window displays, and lights. It's so festive and cheery, it's impossible for me not to be in a happy mood.
4. We did a tiny bit of shopping-- but I was most excited to stop in the Jo Malone store because I had been wanting to try some of the fragrances for months now. Unfortunately we had the worst customer service experience at the store in the West Village, but I at least got to sample the scents I had wanted to try and the English Pear and Freesia smells just as good as I imagined! The Orange Blossom and Peony & Blush Suede are also high on my list!
5. And of course, I had to include the food. We didn't have a traditional meal after the parade-- we had pizza and calamri, but I honestly don't really care for the traditional turkey or stuffing so I was happy as can be with pizza! We enjoyed a really nice dinner at Meme Mediterranean one night. My husband had fish and I had lamb-- both were good but I honestly think the chocolate lava cake for dessert was my favorite part. I had made reservations at Jane-- like three weeks in advance but when it came down to Saturday morning neither of us were really in the mood for that kind of food-- even though it's supposed to be an amazing brunch restaurant. We wanted something a little bit more average I guess you could say so we went to one of the Petite Abeille's and had waffles. Mine is the one piled high in whipped cream and my husband's is in the background completely plain! They definitely hit the spot!
I'm not going to lie we have like 100 pictures from the parade but I won't overload my post with them-- I'll just post a few of my favorites from the weekend! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
I linked up with Lauren Elizabeth & the Five on Friday! I linked up with Lauren Elizabeth & the girls at 5 on Friday...